Wednesday, March 3, 2010

WARNING... Completed...


Long Post Ahead!!!!


(Don't say I didn't warn you)


When Dustin and I decided to get married we both agreed we didn't want the traditional, high stress, "do everything in one day" wedding.... so we decided to space things out a bit... stick with Gilbert Tradition...

So we had our reception the night BEFORE we got married and it was honestly the best decision we made in terms of planning our wedding! We thoroughly enjoyed the entire night, and the next day we were able to completely focus on the sealing, and then have a fun luncheon with our close friends and family! It was so great!!!

We had our reception at the Sleepy Ridge Golf Course Club House up in the sunset room and it was BEAUTIFUL!!! I very highly recommend them to EVERYBODY. They are amazingly easy to work with and the building is truly incredible!

Anyway... here are just a snipit of pics of the reception (seriously our photographer is INCREDIBLE and we have HUNDREDS of pics from the reception alone! It is awesome!)



...The dress....


I honestly fell in LOVE with my dress the first time I tried it on. Everybody said "you'll know when you find 'the dress'" I call BS... but it's true...
(This is in the bridesroom at Sleepy Ridge... amazing!)



...Getting Ready...

My momma helping me get dressed :)




...The Location....

In the words of Hoppes...
"Bec, how does it feel to know that you had your reception in a castle?"




....The Couple...
Dustin and I hanging out in the bridesroom. It was amazing! The room was HUGE so our entire family was able to hang out in there and change and get ready and do whatever we wanted! It rocked!




...The Centerpieces


I had absolutely NO idea what I wanted to do for centerpieces, nor did I care if we're gonna be honest. Thankfully my mom and my INCREDIBLE florist came up with these amazing ideas to keep it feeling "wintery."

Our picture table



...The People Who Made This Night Perfect...

Little Miss Erika Lynn was my biggest helper!! I don't know what I would have done with out her to help me carry my train and just make me smile all night long!
My amazing in-laws... Minus Mary Beth of course... she left on her mission to Lansing Michigan 8 days before this! We missed her and her amazing, bubbly personality so much, but are so proud of her for serving so faithfully! LOVE YOU MB!

Mi Familia- minus Debbie, Eduardo, and Camila. Our family has grown a bit in the last 4.5 years huh?
My "Flower Girls" and "Ring Bearer" Erika, and Mya (missing Camila) and cute Mr. Landon thought he looked rather studly in the tux. He kept running around saying "I'm Handsome!"
My Best-Friend Amber and I- the 12 other pictures of us are just of us laughing so hard that our faces are contorted into very abnormal positions... so I figured I'd show off my awesome shoes. My bridesmaids all wore black high heels... They were all jealous when they realized I was wearing Nike Running shoes... Yup- I'm a smart bride- I was comfy all night!

My Bridesmaids- yes there are a lot of them...
From L to R
Chelsy ( sis in law) Cassie (friend who hooked Dustin and I up), Amber Maree Hall (best friend) Me, Jen (Big Sis), Ashley (Dustin's little sister) and Donelle (friend)
The Groomsmen. From L to R: Landon (Dustin's bro), Zac (Cassie's bro- hooked Dustin and I up), Chance (Dustin's Best Friend), Dustin, Adam (Dustin's Cousin), Landon (my nephew), Aaron (My bro in law), Michael (my bro)





The Food....



We decided to do something a little different. No need for Chicken Salad on Croissant Sandwiches for us (no offense to those of you who had those at your wedding... I just hate chicken salad!)

We went for Crepes!!! And they were TO DIE FOR! Marvellous Catering did an incredible job! They looked amazing and tasted even better! I can't even tell you how many people have come up to us since and commented on how amazing the food was and how fun it was to have something different!

2 comments:

  1. your centerpieces were gorgeous! it looks like it was definitely a beautiful reception!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute post thanks for the pics:). What a fun night that was!!! Can't wait to see more!!

    ReplyDelete