Saturday, May 14, 2011

I Can Do Hard Things...

So my parents "theme" for their mission is "I can do hard things..." so my mom has asked each of us to make sure we document things that are originally really hard for our kids (i.e. swim lessons, riding a bike, etc.) and send them pictures/videos of them when they first start, and when they've mastered it.

Well I had the idea when we got home from the hospital of making my mom an "I can do hard things" frame with a picture of Porter in the NICU and a picture of him once he was home. Then I decided to throw in one of his hospital bracelets (the NICU one) as well as his blood pressure cuff from the NICU.


Anyway, this is how it turned out:

(ignore the funky reflection- this was as the movers were finishing packing up all of mom and dad's stuff so we had to hurry and get it bubble wrapped to ship- so I just took a real quick snapshop of it)

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this. I am totally going to do this for our fam. I just spent 5 minutes thinking of something with Lucy that even compares to Porter's NICU and I couldn't. We are so blessed and I am so proud of you for getting through that. I can't even imagine. For her right now Crawling is her hard thing. Maybe I will do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea, I love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete