Saturday, May 14, 2011

Moving Day!


The last few months have been incredibly stressful for my mom- since it was tax season my dad was understandingly overwhelmed trying to finish out his last tax season and getting all of his clients taken care of as well as everything finished around the office. So my mom pretty much single-handedly got them packed and ready for the movers to come. She had to think of little things like taking a three years supply of Blistex for my dad- he won't use any other chapstick. And a three year supply of razors.


(I love this picture! It's such a typical look on both of my parents faces!)

Well, this last Thursday the movers came and got everything shipped off to Korea! They had a total of 61 boxes (including my dad's HUGE massage chair which will definitely be a necessity with all the stress he'll be under dealing with those crazy missionaries). Porter and I were there all day to help them out with the moving process- it was crazy to see all of the boxes with their stuff being carried away- but in a way it was very healing for me!

It's gonna be an intense/stressful/fun/spiritual/eventful three years for these two- I will miss them so much but I can't even describe how incredibly excited I am for both of them. Dad gets to go back to the mission and people he loves so much, and Mom finally gets to serve her mission in a place she loves and with people she loves so much. I sure am grateful that Dad made sure we were raised around the Korean Culture and Korean People, because we all love it so much!

I can't wait to see how much good they do!!

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog Becca. I don't leaves messages but I check every few days. I love the updates of Porter and your parents.

    ReplyDelete