Thursday, February 3, 2011

Nephew #2

As I said in a previous post, I have a nephew!!!

Mr. Austin is probably the most angelic little guy ever! He is so smart- he already has himself on a 3.5 hour schedule and already has this world all figured out. The only way you know he's awake is by the little noises he makes! To this day I still haven't heard him cry, or even whine for that matter!

He sure makes me excited to get my little guy here healthy and happy and totally makes this whole bed rest idea totally worth it!

Jen wasn't planning on having little Austin that day, and I was at work and got a text from her saying she was in L&D for observation, so I left work and took the kids so Aaron could be there with her. A few hours later she said that she was going to have the c-section, but we still didn't want to tell the kids until we knew everything was ok. Dustin, Michael, Chelsy, Mya, Erika, Landon, and I were at dinner at Texas Roadhouse when we got the call that they were prepping her for her C-section so Michael left the restaurant and went down to help give her a blessing. About 45 minutes later we got the picture of little Austin!

That day we were incredibly grateful for prayers! Not only did we have a surprise arrival way earlier than anticipated, but my parents were in China (hence why Dustin and I had the kids) and my mom called my sister in a bit of a panic because my dad was very very very sick and they were afraid they wouldn't be able to get him out of the country. Anybody who's been to China can attest that the medical attention you'd receive there would be less that acceptable, so Mom asked us to call everybody and have them pray for him. It was a pretty amazing experience as I called each of my mom and dad's siblings, my siblings, as well as some close family friends and asked them to pray for him. My parents said they could very distinctly feel the power of prayer from around the world. Dad was able to make it home and has since fully recovered! We felt VERY VERY blessed that day!

Anyway, here are some pictures of sweet "Baby A"

This is Austin getting ready to go home- in the pictures he almost looks a little bit chunky but he is definitely not! He was born at 6 lbs 6 oz but lost 10 oz in the hospital- so he's a tiny little bugger.



Paxman Family of 5!!! CRAZY



Michael, Chelsy, and Mya with Austin- Mya apparently wasn't so happy about the idea of her mom holding another baby... hope she gets used to it quick! Mikey and Chels are expecting baby #2 in June!

My cute hubby- it has been SO fun to see him with Austin. He is seriously the best Uncle ever- my nieces and nephew LOVE him because he plays with them all the time, but it was fun to see his sweet, tender side with Austin. Every time he sees and holds Austin he just keeps saying how excited he is to meet our little guy!

Erika is so cute and always makes sure Austin's eyes are shaded since he hates bright lights so bad... she's such a good big sister and won't even go in the same room as Austin unless she has scrubbed her hands. And any time I pick him up she makes sure I scrubbed my hands and that I don't have to wear a mask :)

Landon's reaction to Austin was probably the cutest thing I've ever heard! As soon as he saw him he said, "Hey! Hims gots my nose! Hims looks just like Mr. Potatoehead!" It was so cute!!! Now he always says stuff like "Mommy when Austin comes to school I will pwotect him- because I am hims big bwudda" it's so cute!

1 comment:

  1. ohhhhh so cute!!! Congrats to the whole family. He is adorable. We almost named Kevin Austin, so I love the name. Good luck on bed rest I have been there. I would suggest a laptop and lots of games like solitaire. It's also fun to do a ton of online shopping. Hang in there you are almost there, and we can't wait to see your cute little guy.

    ReplyDelete