Sunday, March 20, 2011

I'm A Hippo....

Yup- It's official- I am now to the "I feel HUGE" stage. Which is pathetic because I am only 35+ weeks.... (every day counts at this point)

It's looking more and more like Dustin and I will be parents this week- or next at the latest. Kinda crazy! Pretty sure I'm so not old or mature enough to be a mom- but ready or not.... here he comes!

Ignore the nasty appearance- Dustin and I had gone to get Baby's Mattress (in a wheelchair of course... just to clarify for you Jen) and it wore me out. Pathetic but true.... Who would've thought high blood pressure could kick your butt like this :)

My doctor's are absolutely amazing! With how early my symptoms onset nobody thought I'd make it to even 30 weeks, then the goal was 32, then they said if I hit 35 they'd be so happy! So at my 35 week check, needless to say we were all VERY happy! At this point, if any of my symptoms increase, my pressure jumps, or anything is out of the ordinary they'll go ahead and deliver. The last two months of bed rest have been rough, but it'll be so worth it to have a healthy, happy baby. Yes, there is still a chance he could end up in the NICU, but after 35 weeks that chance dropped drastically, so we are VERY grateful!

We're so grateful for my doctors, my amazing mom and sister who have FORCED me to stay down (even when I have fought them on it) and taken great care of me, my niece Erika (who will NOT let me get up... every time I stand up she says "Becca Boo you need to sit down, what can I get for you?"), awesome nurses (including my sister), all my friends at Valley OB (nurses, docs, & my sister included in that) who have watched out for me so well, and for all the thoughts and prayers from family and friends!!! We can't even begin to describe how grateful we are!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

1 comment:

  1. I think you might just be the cutest pregnant girl I've ever seen. You certainly don't look like a hippo. Good luck with delivery and becoming a mommy - it's the best!!

    ReplyDelete