Monday, April 25, 2011

.....Best Friends....

As soon as Dustin and I found out we were having a boy we were ecstatic! Let's be honest, frilly bows and lace have never been my thing. I am much more comfortable with a ball in my hand.

But one of the main reasons we were so excited was because we knew my big sister was pregnant and due ten weeks before me with a boy....

Porter and Austin ended up being exactly 10 weeks apart. They were both born at 36 weeks and 6 days. Austin was 6 pounds 6 ounces. Porter was 6 pounds 6.6 ounces (rounded up to 7). They were both 18.5 inches long....

Looking at Austin now you'd never know they were once the same size :) He's such a chunk and boy do we LOVE his cheeks!


These two really are best little buddies. As soon as we put Porter down next to Austin he will always wiggle and squirm until he is cuddled up right next to him.
Austin's gonna take good care of Porter- He will sit on anybody who messes with him :)

They seriously love each other...


Yes, we totally got the matching jammies- we fully planned it and fully planned to put them in them on the same day and take pictures.... Sadly this isn't the only matching outfit the have. Yes, we are cheesy like that :)

This is usually how photo sessions with Porter and Austin end up... Porter cuddles right into Austin, then Austin puts his arm around him and they hang out.
Sometimes Austin gives him kisses....


We can't wait for Michael and Chelsy's little boy to get here! It's gonna be so fun to watch these three grow up together!!!

Whenever people ask my mom how she's doing with getting ready for the mission, and how she's feeling... she always says her only hesitation is leaving her kids and grandkids. Then she always proceeds to tell them about her "Three Little Missionaries" she is so sad she won't get to see these little guys grow up for the next three years, but she can't imagine anything better she could do for them than to serve the Lord with everything she's got, knowing that the blessings we all receive from their service with be absolutely unbelievable.

We have already felt so many blessings in our life, starting with Porter and I both surviving delivery... literally. Medically there was no way Porter should have made it as far into the pregnancy as he did, and there is no way I should have made it through without a stroke or seizure with how severe my symptoms were. It is honestly such a blessing, and I could truly feel strength from prayers and blessings sustaining me through until Porter was developed enough to be safe. At that point, I got really sick, crashed and burned, and he was delivered. I have absolutely no doubt that is a blessing of my parents' service.

It's going to be hard to raise a baby boy without my mom around, but I have been so blessed to have an amazing husband, an absolutely incredible baby, the best sister ever, my awesome sisters-in-law, and a mother-in-law and lots of aunts and cousins that will always be a phone call away.

No comments:

Post a Comment