Monday, April 25, 2011

My New Life



So as well all know, pregnancy TOTALLY changed my life.... My life was not my own...

Well- it still isn't- but I absolutely LOVE it!!!!!!

I get to stare at this little man all day every day!

I mean really- How adorable is he?


My cute husband took this picture last night- I love it! Being a Mom is the best thing EVER!


He LOVES hanging out in his swing when Mom's getting ready for the day.



As soon as you lay him down, if he isn't swaddled, he rolls right over onto his side. He loves it!



He loves cuddle time with Dad- but not nearly as much as Dad loves cuddle time with Porter. As soon as Dustin gets home he washes his hands and comes in and puts his arms out and says, "My turn" and he cuddles with him all night!
I love this picture because I was washing Porter's blanket at my mom's house, and I came back into the living room as saw this. Dustin just zipped his jacket up so Porter was warm... So cute!




Porter loves to hold his binki in (when he actually sucks on one) but really loves it when Dustin or I hold it in, and then he'll hold our hands in place...




Bath Time- the best part of his day! He now knows when he gets his bath and if we are running a bit behind he stays WIDE awake until we put him in. He loves it! This was his first bath- I was a little nervous- but he just stared the whole time. Then cried when we took him out...


As soon as we pull him out of his bath we have to hurry and wrap him up in his robe/towel and snuggle him really tight... then he forgives us for pulling him out.

This was his bath last night- once again just STARING.... he is so content and just loves it!


I may no longer get to take really long showers in the morning, spend as long as I want getting ready, go where I want when I want. I may now change dirty diapers, lose some sleep, and spend most of my day indoors.... but I wouldn't trade my new life for anything. There is nothing better than staring at Porter when he sleeps, or when he's awake. Giving him his baths, feeding him, changing his diapers, swaddling him, and most especially cuddling with him, makes deciding to have a baby the best decision we've ever made...

2 comments:

  1. oh porter!!!! i just love this little guy! I would have to agree that next to marrying dustin this was the best decision you could have made!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is precious! We have something for him at our house so we need to get together soon!

    ReplyDelete