Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Sunday... Part 1

For Easter this year my family got together with my Uncle James and his family. We grew up a couple blocks apart and have always been really close. We started eating dinner together every fast Sunday a few months ago, so that we could get in as much time as families before Mom and Dad leave... Easter was another excuse for this!

First of all we had an AMAZING dinner- Lake Powell Steaks (the best steaks ever), a baked potato bar, salads, veggies, home made rolls, etc... it was so yummy!

Then it was off for the Easter Egg Hunt... (Gilbert Style- meaning lots of money is up for grabs!)




Landon would literally grab EVERY egg in site- the kid definitely has the Gilbert competitive gene...


Erika doesn't have that gene at all- she would only grab one out of every two or three eggs... when I would tell her to grab all the ones she wants she would say, "It's ok Bec, I am going to save them for Landon" or "Bec, everybody else needs eggs too!" Talk about a reality check- my five year old niece is such a good example to me!

How beautiful is Miss Mya?? She loved looking for eggs! It was so fun to see her get to into it!


Yes, Porter even got an egg! He was pretty proud, as you can see :)

Erika showing off her loot- she raked it in! I think she got just under $15.00- that's gonna make her piggy bank VERY happy!

Mr. Competitive totally dominated- what other three year old can see he got $14.32 at an Easter Egg Hunt?

I absolutely LOVE this photo- it's so fun to see my mom and dad truly soak in every possible moment with their kids and Grandkids. I love the look on Austin's face- he loves his Bop!

The whole clan- minus Aunt Shelly who was taking the picture...
Back Row: Uncle James, Josh (Welcome home from Iraq Josh!!! He just got home a couple days ago), Kristy, Morgan, Bradly, Jason, Devin Justin, Kurt, Mya, Chelsy, Michael, Austin, Bop, Gramma Cindy.
Front Row: Aaron, Jen, Landon, Erika, Dustin, Porter, Me.


I didn't get any pictures of the adult Easter Egg Hunt- in fact I didn't take any pictures at all- I stole them all from my sister! But let's just say the adult hunt is the BEST! My cousin Bradly came in and when we were all counting out money he goes, "Man somebody should have told me that much money was up for grabs! I would have RAN out there- not just walked...." It was pretty fun!

Thanks Mom, Dad, James, and Shelly for providing us with a free date night compliments of lots of quarters, dimes, nickels, and some "Golden" eggs full of some bigger bills!!! You're the best!

I hope this is a tradition we can carry on for the next three years with James and Shelly while Mom and Dad are gone... Easter just wouldn't be the same without our crazy fun hunt!

No comments:

Post a Comment