Monday, February 20, 2012

Christmas in Korea Part 1

I apologize- this is going to be a LONG series of posts, but this is more for my record than anything.


Dustin, Porter and I were able to go visit my parents for Christmas!!! It was SO much fun, and SOOOOOO good to be able to see my parents!!! I didn't realize how badly I missed them until I saw them at the airport... Mom and I both started bawling :)

Anyway, we took SO many photos, that I am breaking it up into different posts (or attempting to...)

These are the photos on the way TO Korea

Porter at the airport while we were checking our bags- he was SO happy considering he was up from midnight til 4:00 am the night before...
Grandpa Lance said, "Ha- we'll see how happy he is in 24 hours when you land!" it was pretty funny! Thanks for taking us to the airport Lance!

Porter and I on our EARLY morning flight from SLC to Sea-Tac. Please forgive the appearance- Porter decided not to sleep the night before, and I woke up with a bit of a stomach bug. I threw up in the car on the way to the airport!



Dustin, Porter, and I on our flight to Seattle... we were pretty happy Porter slept through that flight!

Sitting on the plane from Seattle to Tokyo- look how tired he was...
Dustin's first LONG flight! His longest before that was for his mission in Puerto Rico... The 11 hour flight put his to shame :) Especially since we sat on the tarmac for an hour before taking off. :(
Dustin and Porter both CRASHED on the flight! YAY!
This was on our last flight, from Tokyo to Busan... we were all exhausted and slept pretty much the whole flight! I woke up about 15 minutes before we landed when we were starting to approach Korea. It was SO fun to look out the window and see the coast line! I woke Dustin up because I was SO excited!

Once we landed we hurried through Customs & Immigrations as fast as possible and hurried to our baggage claim. Our first three bags came out quickly, as well as Porter's carseat... but our last bag was LITERALLY the last one off the plane! It was killing me! I was so exhausted, Porter was exhausted and grumpy, and I knew my parents were only 200 feet away out those blasted sliding doors- but I couldn't see them! (And yes, we really did have four 50-pound bags... we had to pack a BUNCH of stuff for my parents).

Once our last bag finally came, we headed straight for the doors. My dad told me when we came out to make sure we went out the left doors and not the right. They opened when we were about 15 feet from them and I could see my cute mom ducking and dodging to see in the doors as soon as they cracked! As soon as I saw her I instantly started crying (just like I am right now thinking about it). I honestly hadn't realized how badly I missed my parents until that moment!

Mom and I gave each other a big, tear-filled hug. Then I gave my dad a hug. I have no idea what Dustin was doing during this time- I was WAY too focused on my parents. Then my mom leaned down and started talking to Porter and he instantly threw his arms up for her to pick him up! It was so fun! Before we went, my mom was so concerned that Porter would be hesitant to go to her since they haven't seen each other since he was three months old... but nope! My cute Porter went right to her and gave her a big hug!

Mom obviously couldn't believe how big he was and just chatted and played with him while Dad went and grabbed the mission van. Then we headed "home" to the Mission Home!

The whole drive to the Mission Home, Porter and Gram played "Patty Cakes" in the back seat. You should have SEEN how cute it was! I told my mom he knew how to play and so she started saying "Patty Cake Patty Cake, Baker's Man...." and Porter LIT up! He looked right at me, then at my mom, then at me, then my mom and just laughed! He couldn't believe she knew the song too! It was awesome :)

It was such an exhausting, emotionally charged day. You would think we would have Crashed and burned when we got home, but nope! We stayed up and talked forever!

I was very concerned how Porter would do with jet lag, but we gave him his bath and he crashed! Mom slept in by him (she did almost every night- she wasn't going to miss a second with him) and he slept from midnight til 7:30!!! BOO YEAH!!!!! I was SO proud of him!

Here is a picture of the General Authority room that Dustin and I slept in. It is the room that all the General Authority's stay in when they visit my parent's mission.
Anyway, that was the end of "Day 1"

No comments:

Post a Comment