Monday, February 20, 2012

Christmas in Korea Part 4

Thankfully, Dustin started humoring me and eating Korean food with me when we were dating. I was raised eating Korean food for dinner every fast Sunday, as well as sporadically throughout the year. Combine my upbringing with many, many trips to Korea and you get a Korean Food Addict.

Seriously- I love it! I Love Kimchi, I love Kimchi Jigae, I love Bulkogi, I love Kalbi, seriously... I love it all! That is always my favorite part of going to Korea- eating! So when Mom & Dad asked what we wanted to do while we were there, my response was, "Eat lots of food!" and that is exactly what we did!

We went to this Samgyupsal *spelling* restaurant- it was SO good! I love it! Dustin was in heaven, too! Porter got a REALLY bad bug while we were there, and it was just starting to kick in at this point.. so he didn't love it so much! But the rest of us did! After dinner his diarrhea started to kick in and went all over my mom... good thing she loves him so much! Little did we know that would be the first of about 40 times we would get pooped/puked on.... awesome!
Dustin enjoying "real" Korean food- their Kimchi was SO yummy!
Dad cooking up the Samgyupsal

Mom tried SO hard to entertain Porter- Oh! Here's a random factoid... most restaurants don't have high chairs in Korea. Only the super "americanized" ones do- so his car seat was used as a high chair :)

Dad and Bop playing in my Dad's office inside the Mission Home before bedtime.
So much fun wrestling with Gramma!!!


While we are on the topic of food- McDonald's delivers in Korea!!! I couldn't help but pass this along.

No comments:

Post a Comment