Monday, February 20, 2012

Christmas in Korea Part 5

We were so lucky! The Korea Busan Mission Christmas party happened to be happening while we were there! It was so fun! We were able to meet ALL of Mom & Dad's missionaries! It was was so fun to be able to get to know the people behind the names!


My dad was so sweet and had a Korean "Future Missionary" Name Tag made for each one of his grandkids- he gave Porter's to him when he was getting dressed for the Mission Party.
Porter LOVED it! He loved playing with the name tags, and felt pretty freaking cool with his own tag on! Thanks Bop!

Porter and Daddy cuddling while Bop spoke to his missionaries at the conference.
Mom & Me....

Porter was SO excited with all the Missionaries!!! He LOVED all the attention!

Until it was nap time... His stomach bug was REALLY starting to hit at this point- so he became very grouchy, very fast! Poor kid!

Me & my baby boy!
Getting ready to head home...

Elder Innis and Elder Rhee Sok were nice enough to drive us back to the Mission Home so we could get Porter some medicine and lay him down... It ended up taking them almost an HOUR to get back, so they missed watching Kung Fu Panda 2 with the rest of the mission! Such a sacrifice!

Mom, Dad, Dustin, and I all watched Kung Fu Panda the second night we were there to make sure it was "Missionary Appropriate." After much debating, Dad decided it would be a good movie. Before he turned it on, he asked each of his missionaries to focus on the principles of missionary work in the movie. It was crazy to hear all of the different perspectives! I was so impressed with all of the symbolism they found, it definitely made the movie much more enjoyable for me!

A few months ago, my dad had me design some custom Temple Recommend Holders for their missionaries with the Seoul Korea Temple on the front, with their mission theme on the inside. Originally they were not going to be able to be completed until MARCH! But, many miracles happened... seriously... miracles! They were delivered to me at the office 12 hours before we flew out!!! Seriously- such a blessing!!! Anyway, that is what my parents gave their missionaries for Christmas, the Recommend holders as well as some popcorn and Candy for the movie.

While we were there, the missionaries all sang the "EFY Medley" in Korean. My parents sent this to all of the parents, as well as to the Area Presidency for their Christmas Card. Unfortunately I did all of the editing on one of my parent's laptops, so I can't put the video on here. But you can check it out on the mission blog:
http://busankoreamission.blogspot.com/
I apologize that the quality isn't great, but it was SUCH a long video, we had to shorten it in order to upload it.

Anyway, the conference was a HUGE success! It was my first Mission Conference experience, and I am so grateful I was able to be there! It was so fun to see my parents interact with all of their missionaries! They truly love them all so much- it was so fun to watch!!

No comments:

Post a Comment