Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Christmas in Korea Part 7

Daddy & Porter headed to the subway station

.....Nampodong/Gukje.....

Every time my family has gone back to Busan, we always make sure to head down to the "Gukje Jijong"- AKA International Market. It just just this HUGE shopping district full of little stores, people on the streets with their carts to sell their goods, etc. It is my favorite!

Well, little did I know that the Gukje is technically in an area of Busan called Nampodong. Nampodong is legitimately awesome! It's fun because it is super nice shopping- MAC, Mango, Nike,etc. EVERYWHERE. Then you literally step off the main street of the Nampdong shopping district and you are in the Gukje!

Mom, Dad, and I were SO excited to head down there and get shopping! Dustin? Not so much.... Until he got there... then he understood why I hate shopping in America. Shopping in Korea is SO much cooler!

Headed to their first subway ride!

My boys getting all pumped up for their first subway ride....

Dus & I on his first Subway ride...

Porter LOVED the Subway! There were people everywhere, and all the handles to play with! He kept trying to eat them... nasty!

Oh and he loved looking out in the dark and then when we'd pull into a station he would crack up and hit the glass as hard as he could... definitely thought it was the coolest game EVER!

Mom & Dad on the subway- seriously- look how happy they are! They LOVE their mission SO much!!! Mom always says the only way it would be better is if she had a grandchild on her lap!

All bundled up! (Ignore the pink gloves... I didn't have any gloves for him, so I just put my knit ones on him... they went up to his elbows).

Dad on top of the Lotte Mall in Nampodong. I loved this pic with the Korean flag flying.
It was SO cold on top of the building :) JK- my dad told me to put my hood on because I was going to freeze because of the wind- but it really wasn't bad... I just had to take a pic.

Dad took us up on top of the Lotte to the overlook- SO COOL! It is hard to describe how dense and overpopulated Busan is. Everywhere you can see is just stacked with high rise buildings. You could see a 360-degree view of just crowdedness. Behind each mountain you know is just packed too, it's crazy.

That tall building in the background is the "Busan Tower"
On the streets of Nampodong. It was all decorated for Christmas- so cool!

My ears are SUPER sensitive to the cold- so within about 5 minutes of shopping I was in so much pain. So we headed into a little shop to get me ear muffs (they are HUGE in Korea). But I hate ear muffs because you can't hear what's going on around you... So I settled on this hat that covered my ears! By far my fav. purchase of the trip!

On the subway headed home... seriously the child got attention everywhere he went! He LOVED it!
Oh the traditional "Rush Hour" crowded subways. This was before it got too bad. And one point I literally couldn't move because there were so many people.
In the Lotte Mall right by my parents house, they have a Toys R Us. Mom & Dad took Porter and let him pick out any toy he wanted for Christmas... This was on our way home from Nampodong- Porter could NOT figure out the giraffe.

Gram, Bop, & Porter shopping for a Christmas gift for one of their missionaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment