Monday, February 20, 2012

Christmas in Korea Part 2

On Day 2 of our trip we "divided and conquered"...

My dad had been invited to a baptism on the very North end of their mission. There were multiple baptisms that day, but this is one my dad felt very strongly he needed to attend. So Dustin and my dad drove up there bright and early to attend church and the baptism. Dustin LOVED being able to see Korea, outside of Busan. He was so happy to be back in the "Missionary Lifestyle" and absolutely loved being able to spend the day with my dad!

While the boys headed up north- Mom, Porter and I stayed in Oncheon (where my parents live) and went to the Oncheon Ward for Church. It was so fun to be back in Korea, to be the only person singing the hymns in English! I had missed it so much! Elder Innis translate the meeting for us so I was able to understand it all. The speakers were all incredible, and the spirit was so strong! (It probably helps that I was actually able to listen to the meeting since my mom was taking care of Porter).

It was so fun to be able to meet some of the people I had heard so much about! Especially Sister Rhee,Elder Innis and Elder Rhee Sok! Elder Innis and Elder Rhee Sok are two of the Office Elders. We were able to spend a lot of time with them and get to know them really well! Sister Rhee is the sweetest lady! She works for the Church helping my parents with upkeeping the Mission Home. She helps my mom cook and clean and whatever else she needs! She is such a sweet lady, and Porter LOVED Sister Rhee!!

Porter made it through Sacrament meeting before he was exhausted (which is good- because that's how he is back home so jet lag wasn't too bad!). So after Sacrament Meeting, we walked back to the Mission Home (About 20 steps away) and laid him down.
We took a bed for him, but then we ended up making this bed for him in between two of the beds in one of the extra bedrooms. He LOVED it! We put a Yo (traditional Korean sleeping mat) under him with a blanket on top, then pillows tucked in all around him. He slept great!!! It worked out perfect since my mom wanted to be in with him during his naps and bed time- so she slept on one of the beds while he slept on the floor. Sometimes we'd find them both asleep on the floor. She had to get in all the cuddles that she could!

While Porter slept, Mom and I just chatted and hung out! We put dinner on and just enjoyed being able to just talk to each other face to face! We unpacked our "extra bags" that were full of stuff for my parents, and just had fun!
That night, my mom and dad had so much fun just playing with Porter! In the following video, my dad was making popping noises with his tongue and Porter was trying to immitate. By the time we came home, Porter had it down! He still does it ALL the time! (Thanks Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment