Monday, February 20, 2012

Christmas in Korea Part 6

......BEOMESA........

It is my favorite place in Busan! For those who don't know, it is the most BEAUTIFUL Bhuddist Temple! I absolutely LOVE it! We went there about 6 years ago when we were there, and man did I fall in love! The details on the pagoda's are gorgeous, the views are incredible, it is just amazing! You would never know that this gorgeous, secluded temple is literally 90 seconds away from Downtown Busan!

Dad decided to let his Assistants and Office Elders come along- none of them had ever been there! So Dad, Dustin, Elder Randolph (AP), Elder Kim (AP), Elder Innis, Elder Rhee Sok, and I headed up to Beomesa while Mom and Porter stayed home and took a nap.
Stairs leading to Beomesa- so beautiful!

Dustin on the steps leading into Beomesa..

How beautiful is this stone Pagoda? Oh my heavens- I love it!

This turtle had Korean writing all the way up the marble slab on all four sides. I had never noticed this turtle before when we went, neither had my dad. We assumed it was new?

FYI- during the summer it is SO much prettier! They were doing construction on parts of the temple, and it was all brown and nasty, so you don't get the idea so much... I will have to post photos from when we were there a few years ago!

Dad, Elder Randolph, Ender Rhee Sok, and Elder Innis (Apparently Elder Kim was hiding?) climbing up the first stairs.




I loved these! I hadn't seen these last time we were there either...

Dad walking away from one of the temples. Their temples are set up in individual buildings- so you go inside and worship in one of the pagodas. There are TONS of pagoda's around the temple.


Dustin and I just outside of Beomesa.

No comments:

Post a Comment